It's Camping Season. Don't know what to cook? No sweat! We've got a healthy, easy menu planned just for you! Here are some easy, yummy camp recipes we love. They take a little prep time before hand, but are well worth the effort to be able to enjoy vacation with the rest of the family. Our homemade bug spray is also a great thing to take with you camping.
It smells good, keeping the bugs away but not the people!
BREAKFAST VEGAN BURRITOS
- Salsa (to taste) or any other topping of your choice green chili's, guacamole, etc.
- Cilantro ( 1 tsp minced)
- Black and Red beans ( 1/4 cup each)
- Wheat tortillas
- Shredded vegan cheese to taste (optional)
- Morning Star Sausage breakfast sausage crumbles (about 1/2 cup)
- Package of frozen vegetable or including potatoes, green and red peppers, onion
Boil brown rice, while that cooks. Heat frozen vegetables and breakfast crumbles in skillet as directed on packages, omitting eggs. Combine all ingredients, fold into tortilla. Wrap tortilla in foil. When camping place tortillas over grill or coals until they are warm.
LUNCH CHICK PEA SMASH
- Garbonzo beans or chick peas 1 1/2 cup
- Vegenaise 2/3 cup
- pinch of sea salt
- dill relish 1 TBSP
- celery, green onions, grated carrots (1/4 cup each)
Pulse chick peas in food processor until it is close to the consistency of tuna. Reserve in bowl
finely chop celery, carrots, and green onions. ( I used the food processor) Add to chick peas.
Mix in Vegenaise,salt, and relish. Stir all together. Serve on bread as sandwiches or as a dip with crackers.
SNACK FRESH FRUIT IN A WAFFLE CONE
- chopped fruit
- waffle cones
When it was time for snack, scoop the fruit into the waffle cones and let the kids enjoy. For a breakfast twist layer in some soy yogurt and granola to make a parfait.
DINNER VEGAN FOIL CASSEROLE
- MixedVegetables of your choice about 2 cups
- Cooked Pasta about 1-2 cups
- Garlic hummus 2 TBSP
- Sea Salt pinch
- Pepper pinch
- Minced Garlic, basil, dried tomatoes and chives to taste (We used about 1/4 tsp of garlic, 1 tsp basil, chives, and about 1 TBSP of dried tomatoes.)
- Splash of Grape Seed Oil about 1/2 tsp.
Combine all ingredients. Wrap in foil and wax paper. Wax paper should be the inner layer.
When camping place on grill or over coals. Serve when warm.